Let’s say you are a normal person, one of the things that you will very surely want is a good lifestyle. Who in this world would not want a good lifestyle, that is something that everyone works so hard for. I mean, you will complete your studies, get your desired education, will try to get the best job you can with good salary and respect, and all of this for what? Of course so you can have a good lifestyle. So that you can live your life the way you want.
You or anyone doesn’t have like a fixed lifestyle from the beginning, you learn things along the way, adapt the good ones, ( like healthy eating, exercise, good habits and all that ) means you change your lifestyle so that you can make it better.
Therefore, to make a lifestyle change is something everyone goes through. In this article we will discuss a very obvious question that can strike anyone’s mind, that how long does it take to make a lifestyle change? Making a change in your life is something that requires time, and we will discuss here how much it is.
What lifestyle actually means
We can say that lifestyle is a way of our true representation, our lifestyle represents us among people in our society. If you have a good lifestyle you will be treated respectfully in your society. Someone’s lifestyle is influenced by the thoughts they carry.
One should think good and positive things so that the same can reflect all around and he can also enjoy that change.
Lifestyle is something which totally depends on the individual strong desire and interest on that particular thing to develop and adopt in your behaviour for a change in your lifestyle. A good lifestyle is like a powerful medicine which makes your life happier in many ways.
How long does it take to make a lifestyle change?
A healthy lifestyle is all about looking after your healthy life and healthy body. If you decide to make a change in your life you should know that it is never easy. Breaking your old habits and creating healthy ones will definitely be challenging and even discouraging at times. However like anything else it is not impossible.
Speaking of time required to make a lifestyle change, if we talk about healthy habits, this is an age-old adage that says it takes 21 days to form a habit.
This is not any random theory, there is some research behind this which proves that in some circumstances it is possible to develop or quit a habit in 21 days. But this time period is not fixed for everyone, studies and researches have shown that It can take anywhere from 18 to 254 days for a person to form a new habit and an average of 66 days for a new behavior to become automatic.
Whether someone is looking for a positive outlook on life or wanting to change their diet and eat nutritious food, aur need a new workout plan, all of these are included in a good lifestyle.
How can one start living a healthy lifestyle
Changing your old lifestyle to a healthy lifestyle is a common goal that everyone shares, but how and from where you should start, this is the actual question. See, First of all you need to decide very carefully that what changes you actually want to make in your life, and this is something you cannot do by implementing someone else’s life style.
You need to think what you need and want for your life. You are gonna need to identify the bad or unhealthy habits of your that you want to change.
Once you have identified the bad ones and what you want to change, all you are gonna need is to believe that you can actually do it. Because determination is something that you need most while adapting or say to make a lifestyle change.
You have to come up with a plan that how you are gonna implement the changes in your life over the time. Like you can’t just start doing different things without any plan.
You will also want the changes you are making in your life style to last long or forever. And as we said in order to do that you will need a plan. First thing is that you should start small means you just can’t make a drastic change in days, it will definitely take time and you should start with small habits.
Also you can’t just change many of your behaviours at one time, you should focus on one behaviour at a time so that you can change that particular one with ease.
And not least, you will also need support from others since we’re talking about some changes in your life and others are also a part of it. All these things can help someone achieve their goal of changing lifestyle or other health related goals.
Things you need to do to change your unhealthy lifestyle
- As we said above first you have to identify the bad habits in your life that you want to change. Because by eliminating them you’ll make a lifestyle change. For each of the habit you identify, come up with the reason why you want to change it, because sometimes you may see a habit in a bad way and may be that can be good for you. Maybe it can be for your own mental well being or so you can do whatever you like.
- Remove the negative triggers in your life. You are gonna have to find out or you probably already know what triggers your bad habits, you must find a way to avoid those triggers. Like if you are addicted to smoking after drinking you can take a break from alcohol. You can delete your social media account if it makes you feel bad. There are many things like these that triggers your bad habits and you need to find ways to avoid them.
- You can’t blame lack of time or others for not being able to change your bad habits. Means you need to hold yourself accountable for making those changes you want to make. This is something like you hold a loved one accountable if they made a promise, just like it make a promise to yourself.
- As we said above you can just make changes in a day, you are gonna have to take baby steps after making a plan with goals. This is just like you have a schedule to follow at home or at work with certain tasks to complete. Your lifestyle must have tasks and plan to follow.
- You should know that you might have setbacks and it will definitely take time. Everybody knows that changing is not easy and there will definitely be days where you fail. You can’t just let that failure win, just continue working hard and eventually it will pay.
- And most importantly, believe that you can change. There is the saying that you can win or lose half the battle just with your belive, if you believe that you can do something you can do it but without belief no matter how many resources you have you can still lose. Ignore your negative self-talk and replace it with a visualization of you finding success in the changes you want to make.
- Once you have changed your lifestyle, you also need to make sure that you keep it that way. And if your new habits will be beneficial and improve your lifestyle, which it will obviously do otherwise why will you implement them, you will also want to keep it same. Making a lifestyle change should be a decision you take according to your life, as the way you want, lifestyle of others should not affect your decision.
To make a lifestyle change is something that everybody want and goes through. Ofcourse when we talk about to make a lifestyle change we talk about improving it. Everybody works for a improve healthier and Happier lifestyle. Lifestyle is something that defines us, represents us among people. When people think of a healthy lifestyle they immediately think diet and exercise and completely ignore mental health. But mental health is one of the most important factors in creating a healthy lifestyle.
Everybody wants to change their lifestyles and to make it better. These are a process that take time and require support. Once you’re ready to make a change, the difficult part is committing and following through.
Here we have discussed how long does it take to make a lifestyle change which is very common question for anyone who decides to make some lifestyle changes. lifestyle is not only about some good habits it includes a lot of other things too.
Habits are something which take days to adapt or quit, it can be from about one month to several months. But other than that believe and positive mindset are must for a improved lifestyle.